We believe passionately that innovation should be a driving force in business, fuelling the creation of new products or services to launch at home and take to global markets.
Our one-to-one assistance is bespoke and in-depth. Beyond helping you to capitalise on your IP, its ultimate objective is to equip your business to engage in continuous innovation and to optimise operations to deliver growth at scale. And when your capacity to exploit innovation is allied to the right organisational and leadership profile to attract investment and the capability to enter new markets, you will have the ideal platform for scaling.
Our first engagement with you may focus on one of the following areas, once we have conducted a thorough audit of your needs
Support to help you manage innovation in your business more effectively, develop your innovation processes and bring products or services to market successfully, in order to maximise your growth potential. Areas of focus could include:
- Developing a strong innovation culture and introducing techniques to breed innovative ideas with the power to drive your growth
- Adapting a business model to exploit continuous innovation
- Setting project success criteria, applying project management principles and then evaluating ROI
- Establishing manufacturing readiness
- Ensuring market readiness (validating technology, identifying value propositions, understanding market potential and building marketing strategies)
Connections to the innovation ecosystem
As part of the UK’s innovation agency, we are a key player in the national and international innovation ecosystem. Our specialists can help you to access the right resources and find you the right expertise to make growth-enhancing innovation happen. In addition to our own Sector Innovation Leads at Innovate UK, we have strong relationships with ecosystem players including:
- Laboratories e.g. NPL
- The investor community
- Intellectual Property Office
Further, you can use our partnerships tool and be supported by one of our specialists to find academic and SME partners to co-develop innovations with around the world.
Exploiting intellectual property
Support to understand and protect your IP to provide a reliable platform for growth including:
- Identifying different types of IP and protection: Patents, trademarks, design rights, copyright, NDAs, etc.
- Awareness of patent, trademark and design registration search tools
- Advice on processes to capture and review IP
- UK and international protection strategies
- Where to get appropriate professional advice
IP Audit service
We also have an enhanced IP Audit service provided in partnership with the UK Government’s Intellectual Property Office.
Our IP specialists deliver a service for businesses with IP to audit and exploit. The business contributes just 17% of the cost.
Participants receive a detailed report that sets out clear recommendations to leverage value from their IP and a plan to integrate their IP assets into a wider business strategy.
Please contact us for more information.