Global Explorers is an Innovate UK programme designed to support individual UK SMEs to explore global R&D and innovation opportunities to accelerate the development of their innovative ideas, products and services and global market access. Open exclusively to Innovate UK EDGE clients, all successful applicants will have access to grant funding for 70% of eligible costs up to £21,000 and work with a highly experienced Innovate UK EDGE innovation & growth specialist.
Delivered by Innovate UK’s business growth service Innovate UK EDGE, the programme aims to enable individual UK SMEs to:
- Explore and further international R&D and innovation collaboration and partnerships
- Engage effectively in collaborative research and innovation across borders
- Explore global market opportunities
- Increase understanding and experience of international opportunities
- Accelerate innovative products and services
Standard Innovate UK eligibility requirements apply:
- UK registered business
- Business is trading and not a holding or dormant company
- Business has fewer than 500 employees (250 in Northern Ireland), a turnover of less than €50m, or a balance sheet of less than €43m
- The support to be provided will not exceed their rolling three-year Minimal Financial Assistance Allowance
Global Explorers will not fund any activities related to Russia or Belarus including procurement, commercial, business development or supply chain activity with any Russian and Belarusian entity, partner or subcontractor. This includes any goods or services originating from a Russian and Belarusian source.