Innovative, ambitious businesses can benefit from the facilities and expertise provided by Catapults and Research & Technology Organisations (RTOs) through Innovate UK EDGE.
The Catapult network of technology and innovation centres established by Innovate UK support businesses to transform great ideas into valuable products and services. RTOs are specialised not-for-profit knowledge organisations dedicated to the development and transfer of science and technology to the benefit of the economy and society. They include hubs, laboratories, testbeds, factories and offices for cutting edge R&D.
We can offer applicants with a suitable project a grant for 100% of eligible costs to a maximum of £15,000.
Businesses that are looking to grow & scale through innovation can use this grant funding to access Catapults and RTOs and:
- Explore and test new product ideas
- Seek technical expertise and specialist sector knowledge
- Gain advice on regulatory and government processes as well as access networks of customers, services and funders
- Receive Sector specific expert advice and support with market analysis, cost modelling, business‐case support, creation of industry‐relevant R&D project plans
- Identify opportunities for R&D, collaboration, and partnership building
- Receive support to commercialise their innovation, including improving efficiency, making their business operations more sustainable, or investigating market gaps.
Is your business eligible for funding?
The RTO/Catapult funding is available to businesses who are currently working with an Innovate UK EDGE innovation & growth specialist on a COVID action plan.
Businesses must be a UK registered, trading company, with up to 500 employees (250 in Northern Ireland). The grant funding to be provided to the business, should not exceed their rolling 3-year allowance of £344,600 (or €200,000 for Northern Ireland).
To find out more, contact us today.